Nomination Deadline: 4pm on Friday, December 13, 2019
NOMINATION GUIDELINES: For a company that: 1) Makes exceptional contributions to promoting, nurturing and cultivating a work environment that is equitable and embraces values associated with human relations and diversity, 2) Makes an impact in the greater community, and 3) Serves as a role model in the business community as well.
- Nominations are invited from the business community or from area residents who know of a business that they feel is worthy of this honor.
- Businesses are also welcome to self-nominate themselves for this award.
DISTINGUISHED BUSINESS AWARD CRITERIA
- CEO Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion: Nominations should provide clear evidence of how the company’s CEO supports diversity in personal communications, community visibility, support and endorsement of policies and company practices that encourage diversity and inclusion.
- Workforce Diversity: Nominations should reflect commitment and dedication to human resources practices that are inclusive in all hiring, retention and promotion practices.
- Corporate/Organizational Communications: Nominations should provide evidence of how the company incorporates mentoring, resource/affinity groups, philanthropy, and consistency/effectiveness of diversity-management initiatives.
- Supplier/Contractor Diversity: The company strives to do business with minority-and women-owned (M/WBE) companies, including companies owned by LGBTs, people with disabilities, and veterans.
- Community Involvement: The company encourages employee involvement in Orange County non-profit organizations with the goal of making Orange County a better place for all to work and live.
- The business or corporations must have employees who work in Orange County, CA.
Form Not Appearing Below?
- Click this link if the form does not appear below.
- Nominations should follow the award guidelines and be submitted online (or three typed pages or less if submitted via email).
- Please do not submit binders, covers or other documentation to support your nomination. However, links may be included within the nomination to offer documentation.
- Visit our web site for a list of previous award recipients at www.ochumanrelationsawards.org.
- We prefer to receive nominations online, but will accept them via email (to: email@example.com) if necessary.
Selection and Notification
- Selection of awardees will be made by members of OC Human Relations and experts in diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
- The award recipient will be notified and asked to participate in a video-taped interview and to provide photographs and/or video that can be used during the award presentation.
- Award recipients will be asked to attend a kick-off Awards reception announcing their nomination on February 13, 2020 at 6-8 pm.
- Award recipients will be provided with two complimentary tickets to the OC Human Relations AWARDS event held on May 2, 2019 at The City National Grove of Anaheim. Attendance will be expected.
Nomination Deadline Nominations are due to OC Human Relations by 4pm on Friday, December 13, 2019
Please contact Khushbindar Kaur Sood at [email protected] or 714-480-6582.
Helpful Nomination Submission Links: