Nomination Deadline: 4pm, Friday, December 13, 2019
NOMINATION GUIDELINES For individuals or groups that have made extraordinary contributions to Orange County in the area of human relations or civil rights. Examples include:
- Advocating for human relations and civil rights in the areas of health, education, immigration, labor, justice, housing, or employment.
- Fostering mutual understanding and respect among county residents.
- Providing community dispute resolution or mediation services.
Click this link if the form does not appear below.
- Each candidate may be nominated in a single category only.
- Nominations should follow category guidelines and be submitted online (or two typed pages or less).
- Please do not submit binders, covers or other documentation to support your nomination.
- Click here to see a list of previous award recipients. Note: individuals and organizations may not receive an award more than once
- We prefer to receive nominations via the online form, but will accept them via email to: [email protected].
Selection and Notification
- Selection of awardees will be made by members of OC Human Relations and experts in the category being judged.
- Award recipients will be notified and asked to participate in a video-taped interview and to provide photographs and/or video that can be used during the award presentation.
- Award recipients will be asked to attend a kick-off Awards reception announcing their nomination on February 13, 2020 at 6-8 pm.
- Award recipients will be provided with complimentary tickets to the OC Human Relations AWARDS event held on May 7, 2020. Attendance will be expected.
Nomination Deadline Nominations are due to OC Human Relations by 4PM on Friday, December 13, 2019.
- Submit nominations via the above web form (preferred method of submission). Or, email nominations to: [email protected].
Questions? Please contact Don Han with questions at [email protected] or 714-480-6576.
Helpful Nomination Submission Links:
- Click this link to open the form in a separate web browser if the form does not appear above.
- Click here to download the application in a Microsoft Word .docx document only if you are not able to complete the preferred online form.